Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
Lay Worker for the Blackpool and South Fylde Circuit
20 hours per week (flexible)
Based at New Central, Blackpool and Church Road, St. Annes Methodist Church
Aim: To support the outreach of the above paired churches on a weekly basis alongside the Church Leadership engaging with the community and church groups.
Main Responsibilities This job will include (but not be limited to):
- To attend on a weekly basis the various events held at the above paired churches
- To be a welcoming presence on behalf of the churches
- To engage and converse with those present
- To familiarise themselves with the procedures of the churches and church projects
- If appropriate signpost to other opportunities or agencies
- Any other duties and responsibilities, identified by the minister as are within your capabilities and level of responsibility, in
order to meet the needs of the church
Working hours: 20 hours per week (flexible) with occasional evening attendance at meetings
Interview Date: Dates to be agreed on application
Start Date: to be mutually agreed
Salary: Living Wage Foundation Rates currently £11,336.00 per annum
The post will be offered subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and satisfactory references.
It is essential that the person appointed has some knowledge of Methodist Church Practice and is a practicing Christian.
To receive an application pack please email: Sandie Waddington, Circuit Steward - email@example.com or telephone 01253 761055